West Regional Sales Manager
West Regional Sales Manager (US) will manage a team of Surgical Sales Consultants to achieve regional sales goals, provide coaching, development and motivation for Surgical Sales Consultants, oversee individual territory management and performance targets, Build KOL Relationships, Emphasize Excellence amongst their Region, Manage Company Pricing Guidelines, Be Results Driven, Manage Regional Profitability of assigned Domestic Territories, and embrace New World Medical’s mission to preserve and enhance vision by delivering innovations that Benefit Humanity. This position will report to the US Sales Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The primary responsibility for the West Regional Sales Manager (US) is to lead their respective Surgical Sales Consultant Team to implement the commercial strategies for key brands, resulting in New World Medical meeting and exceeding Its financial objectives In the US.
- Meet Regional Sales Targets for sales performance, activities, meetings and other reporting and administrative requirements.
- Work In partnership with the other Regional Sales Managers to develop and implement commercial execution plans to achieve desired business objectives and improve overall business practices.
- Manage, develop, and lead a team of 5 to 8 direct reports (Surgical Sales Consultants) to execute commercial plans.
- Provide feedback and coaching to Surgical Sales Consultants on individual performance and implement improvement plans when necessary.
- Create, develop, and implement professional development plans for Surgical Sales Consultants
- Participate and provide input with domestic sales team strategic planning meetings.
- Participate with developing sales targets and commission plans for Surgical Sales Consultants based on commercial domestic priorities and strategies.
- Deploy sales team against targeted customer segments.
- In partnership with the Director of Sales identify and target key corporate accounts and large customers that span across multiple territories and states.
- Review and approve Surgical Sales Consultants expense reports, manage sample allotments, and manage regional expense budgets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Must be able to “Lead from the front” with ability to provide exemplary customer service.
- Experience and ability to lead, coach and develop high performing surgical sales teams.
- Ability to negotiate with hospital administrators, corporate surgery center administrators and surgeons on pricing and programs.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills and be a polished meeting presenter.
- Must possess top level business management, business acumen and interpersonal skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence and professionalism in decision making.
- Integrity and respect for colleagues, business partners, and customers.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, organization, flexibility, and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work habits, problem solving, a hands-on approach, innovation, and creativity.
- Ability to identify and prioritize critical activities as well as manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Ability to understand strategy, plan execution, and effectively lead teams and/or peers to achieve company goals.
- High degree of personal responsibility and similar expectations of your team and colleagues.
- Responds to consumer needs and wants through planned, personalized communication.
- Ability to confer with others to reach resolution that is acceptable by all parties involved.
- Produces consistent, high quality and quantity of outputs and meaningful results that contribute to the strategic goal. Productively manages complex situations involving cross functional teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college/university required.
- A minimum of 4 years of healthcare sales management experience in pharma specialty, hospital or in medical device/diagnostic is preferred.
- Individual must be based in Southern California. (Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, or Riverside counties preferred)
- Previous sales or equivalent experience in Ophthalmic Pharmaceutical and/or medical device industry, preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of high achievement.
- Experience with product launch. Experience in Medicare population is a plus.
- Prior multi state management experience. Ability to travel up to 50% overnight is required.
- Experience with and strong understanding of the hospital and ASC environment . Medicare reimbursement understanding and IDN experience is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as utilization of CRM systems.
- Vendor credentialing experience in the medical field.
New World Medical, Inc. (NWM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NWM takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.