The Production Director is responsible for implementing the vision and strategic goals for NWM production activities. The Production Director plans, organizes, and controls production to ensure that goods are produced efficiently, on time and complying with regulatory and quality system procedures. Directs production activities across all shifts and establish manufacturing priorities to maintain quality, cost, and customer service within a safe working environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with adjacent departments to strategize and best position department relative to company short and long-term objectives.
• Lend production expertise to pipeline projects to ensure successful launch and production.
• Propose design changes to engineering team during development and post-launch.
• Develop and monitor raw material/ finished goods inventory positions with input from key stakeholders.
• Monitor, maintain, adapt, and expand facility’s needs.
• Manage and source vendors.
• Develop and monitor personnel output to gauge and improve efficiency.
• Supervising, selecting, developing, coaching, and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient manufacturing of NWM products.
• Prepare departmental costs and variances regarding productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling & raw materials.
• Foster a Culture of Quality to ensure customer and regulatory requirements are primary drivers in business decisions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Familiarity with LEAN practices and processes i.e. 6S / problem solving / process improvement / daily management/ Takt time / one-piece flow / standard work, etc.
• Demonstrated cost savings/productivity projects required. Working knowledge of financial and budgetary experience.
• Knowledge of medical device design control process and strategic involvement throughout different phases.
• Strong SAP knowledge and understanding of ERP systems used for Procurement and Production.
• Knowledge of COG/cost accounting concepts.
• In-depth understanding of medical device manufacturing techniques, methodologies, and philosophies.
• Knowledge and experience with external standards: ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and 21 CFR 820 (FDA cGMP/QSR), EU MDD, TGA, MHW, especially pertaining to product development, good manufacturing practices, supplier auditing & management, quality control (GD&T, MRB, etc.), CAPA and customer complaints.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 10 years of progressive leadership experience in manufacturing engineering and/or production with a minimum of 5+ years in the medical device/biotech/pharma industry.
• BS Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Industrial or related Engineering or Health Science field.
• Experience in Medical Device industry or in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
• Experience in supply chain, logistical, warehousing or distribution is desired.
New World Medical, Inc. (NWM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NWM takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.