Global Sr. Product Manager - Upstream
The Global Sr. Product Manager leads the upstream marketing activities of our future product portfolio in the surgical glaucoma space. They will partner with Research & Development to ensure New World Medical’s new product pipeline will drive growth to the business and category leadership. This role will report directly to the Global Marketing Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Is the product development marketing core team member
- Provides VOC and marketing specifications to R&D team and leads the development of customer requirements, product labeling, user-validation activities and product claims
- Develops detailed domestic and global marketing and launch plans and forecasts for new products
- Partners with cross functional partners: R&D, regulatory, downstream marketing, legal and manufacturing/quality.
- Interacts closely and frequently with key customers and KOLs to gain key insights
- Conducts market research activities to maintain detailed understanding of the voice of the customer, competitor activity, market and healthcare trends.
- Partners with regions to ensure global product needs are being addressed
- Owns upstream marketing budget and ensures department does not exceed planned expenses
- Partners with downstream marketing to ensure seamless transition and successful new product launches
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures they are communicated within the team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to influence others without direct report
- Results oriented, capable of managing and driving the completion of multiple competing projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound business and financial analytical skills
- Able to draw conclusions from multiple data sources
- Able to travel 20% (domestic and internationally)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of BS/BA in business, life sciences or engineering; MBA preferred
- >8 years commercial and/or product development experience in the medical device/pharmaceutical space. Ophthalmic experience a plus.
- Proven experience in downstream and upstream product marketing
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership abilities (e.g., experience leading cross functional teams)
New World Medical, Inc. (NWM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. NWM takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.